Here are some reasons why you should have the HVAC system cleaned:
It gets rid of dirt, dust, and pollutants like bacteria, fungi, mildew and even pollen, which might be a health hazard, especially if the people who are living in that house have allergies or asthma. It also makes the air in your house clean and helps the HVAC system run better.
- The Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning experts have tried and tested that fiberglass filters are only seven percent effective when it comes to filtering dust. Also, if the dust adds up to more than point zero four two inches on the heating or cooling coils, it can make the system twenty-one percent less operative.
- Almost half of all sicknesses are brought about by the contaminated air in the house. If this is the case, then the one person out of six who gets allergies, get them because of the buildup of dirt and dust in the air pipe systems.
- Contaminate air gets to kids more than adults. This is because they inhale quicker, therefore taking in more air per unit of body weight. They are also nearer to the floor, which is where dirt is most concerted. Others that are privy to this are older adults and those with asthma and breathing issues.
- A lot of individuals are in their house almost sixty percent of the time, and the air inside is seventy percent more polluted.
We rely on the ducts to keep us warm when it is cold and cool us down when it is hot. Nonetheless, these pipes can be major breeding grounds for bacteria and allergens. The good news is that if they are washed out frequently, all these can be gotten rid of.
Just in case you do not know when it is time to get them checked, the following tips should help:
- If your house is always clean, but the air is still musty or damp, the problem could be the air pipes. In the Great Toronto Area, cooling systems are almost always on, which then could lead to mold from condensation. If you can notice the smell, then it means the mold has been there for a while.
- When the people in the house are getting more breathing problems than usual, you could rule that out as changes in the weather, but it could also be the dust in the ducts. Mildew, dust and any other impurities reduce the quality of the air indoors, therefore, affecting people’s health. Check that you get regular checkups with the doctor, but frequent washing out of the pipes could just save you the time spent going to the hospital.
Dryer vents are important when you need your clothes fresh and dry. However, if they are not cleaned frequently, it could be a hazardous thing. Most house fires in Canada are due to the vents being blocked.
To avoid this, one can do the following:
- If the machine doesn’t work as well as it used to, or your clothes are taking too long to dry, the vents could be jammed. This is because lint can very easily pile up, making the moist air gets to get rid of this problem, one should think of hiring professional dryer vent cleaning services in GTA.
- The dryer could also be letting out strange smells. If it smells like it is burning while it is on, or the clothes end up smelling weird, then you should get that checked out.